MOUNT TEIDE TOUR (& CABLE CAR)
Walking through the old crater of Mount Teide or wondering through lava flows until you find some of the most spectacular viewpoints in Tenerife is within your reach. You don’t need to be a mountaineer with this organized Mount tied Tour that optionally includes cable car tickets. This way you can easily, comfortably and quickly reach La Rambleta (3,555 meters above sea level).
Learn the secrets of the most visited National Park in Europe from the comfort of the bus and accompanied by an official tour guide who will tell you secrets about geology, history, ethnography and island gastronomy. Click on the “Book Now” option and you will be able to select the route that best suits you. We offer pick-ups from both the south and the north of Tenerife.
The route from the north of the island ascends between historic towns such as La Orotava or dense pine forests such as Corona Forestal where it is common to ride through a sea of clouds. Don’t worry, soon the blue sky will make its way. Around 2,000 meters above sea level we will enter Teide National Park, a place full of things to see. On the the other hand, if you go up the southern slope, where the sea of clouds barely manages to form, the pine forest will accompany you from 600 meters until well into the National Park
And throughout the route of this Mount tied Tour you will also see the volcanoes that formed Tenerife,some as old asthe island itself and others more recent, even historical. If you include the cable car tickets to climb to the top (optional) you won’t have to worry about running out of space. Teide Cable Car is located at an altitude of 2,356 meters, a few meters above the base of Mount Teide. In 8 minutes it ascends 1,200 meters and transports you to 3,555 meters at which the area of La Rambleta is located. There you will be in the old crater of the Teide volcano.
When you arrive at the top station, you choose which views you want to enjoy as part of Mount tide Tour:
- Admire Siete Cañadas and the Ucanca Valley from the La Rambleta Viewpoint.
- Follow the path of La Fortaleza and enjoy the spectacular views of the north of Tenerife that this path offers.
- Choose the path to the Pico Viejo Viewpoint and enjoy the views of the southern slope of the island with the imposing 800-meter-diameter crater of Pico Viejo volcano at your feet and, if the weather conditions are good enough, the islands of La Gomera, El Hierro and La Palma on the horizon.
However, if you are one of those people who have a rental car and what you want is to get to the Teide peak (option not included in this described activity) you should know that you will need to process a prior permit. This is free but due to low availability they usually sell out months in advance. Don’t worry, maybe we can help you. Check here the availability to ascend to the peak of Teide with us accompanied by an official tourist guide of the Canary Islands (link here).
• Once your place for this Mount tied Tour is booked, you must print the voucher or carry it on your mobile (QR code) for validation by the guide. This will take place during the pick-up at your hotel or previously designated point for this purpose.
• Teide cable car operates throughout the entire year except when there are meteorological reasons that affect the safety of the facilities and visitors. In the event that the day of your visit there are strong winds or similar, the amount corresponding to the cable car tickets will be refunded (if the client had reserved them).
• Teide National Park is located above 2,000 meters of altitude with very special climatic conditions. That is why, depending on the time of year you visit, you should be prepared for very hot or very cold conditions, especially if you have booked cable car tickets.
• In both cases it is always advisable to wear sunglasses, a hat, sunscreen and appropriate footwear (sneakers are sufficient, although mountain footwear is highly recommended). Do not underestimate how cold it is on this Mount tide Tour in winter and remember, it is high mountain so it is best to be prudent, especially if you include the Mount Teide Tour with the cable car tickets.
• In the (rare) event that the cable car facilities stop working for any technical reason that cannot be solved immediately, visitors who are in the upper station must descend on foot along the designated paths (minimum 3 hours). That is why people with reduced mobility are not allowed to use the cable car.
• Due to the damage to health that the height could cause, children under 3 years of age, pregnant women or people with severe cardiovascular or respiratory problems are not allowed to use the cable car. For any other serious pathology, it is best to ask your doctor before making any type of reservation that involves climbing the Mount Teide or even taking the Teide cable car.
|Booking||Subject to availability|
You can modify the date or cancel the activity at no cost, up to 24 hours before the activity. After this period, 100% of the amount will be withheld.
In the event that weather conditions do not allow the operation and use of the Teide cable car tickets for the Teide Tour with cable car activity, the amount corresponding to the up and down tickets will be refunded.
Date changes are valid for 1 year if the reservation has not been exchanged. The modification of the date or cancellation of the activity must be made within a period not exceeding 30 days from the date of the initial reservation. It is possible to make up to 3 date changes.
Twin Ticket Loro Park & Siam Park
Twin Ticket Loro Park & Siam Park
Tour on La Gomera from Tenerife North
- Adults: 29€ per person
- Children (3 to 13 years): 14,50€
- Prices with taxes included (IGIC)
- Possibility of discount for residents of the Canary Islands
Cable Car tickets (optional)
Certified tourism guide